Monday, July 7, 2008

camping 'n fishing 'n stuff

We had such a fun time camping - for 3 nights! I do have to say 3 nights is a touch on the crazy side with two little ones, but we did it and had a great weekend. This was E's first time actually fishing, he didn't really have the patience for it, but worked hard at imitating papa. Boop did great on her first camping trip, she ate lots of dirt and got a little sun. Don got skunked, no fishies this time but he loved hanging out at the lake all day. I took tons and tons of pictures, which made me happy. I had a really hard time picking which ones to post here, so went with more is better. It was really nice to just hang out and chill with our little family. We have been pretty busy, so a slow couple of days was needed and appreciated.

My fishing boys:

Playing in the tent while it rained:


How I look after a few nights sleeping in a tent without taking a shower (lovely!):
We kept running into snakes, oh joy! E was psyched, however.

Cooking hot dogs and marshmallows on our "cooking sticks"


And then just some fun/pretty/cute pictures to share:
(finally a picture of those teeth!)









2 comments:

K E Fleck July 8, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

LOVIN' the new header picture - totally adorable! And, oh, my your camping trip went 100% better than ours did ... somehow the tent didn't include the tent stakes when packing. Whoopsie! Luckily, we were camping in my parents' back yard, so disaster was averted, but Jillian is quite unhappy to have missed her first camping trip.

You are so sweet to say such kind things to me ... especially when I've been looking up to YOU when it comes to managing a toddler and a babe :-)

xoxo!

Mama J. July 19, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

I love the three-days-without-a-shower look...lol.

You looked great...just like a camping Mama should.

Great blog!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP