Monday, September 15, 2008

mmmm...pie!

So what are we doing with all those blackberries we picked? Why, making pie, of course! Actually this is my first time ever making pie. Weird given how much I like to bake, but for some reason pie crust has totally intimidated me. But, we HAD to have pie, so I decided it was time to conquer my fear.

E decided to go ahead and get started. Notice the little wooden eggs in there! He knows you need eggs for baking, even if not with pie. But I love how he just decided to whip up a pie all by himself.
Turns out pie is not that hard, you just have to follow all those tips about making sure your ingredients are SUPER COLD.And, well, hopefully without sounding too full of myself, but I can make pie! I mean, REALLY make pie! It is so amazingly delicious! Flaky crust, sweet, but not too sweet. Perfect! In fact, there is none left! Don got off work late last night and all but killed it. He took the little that didn't get gobbled down to work today, he likes making the guys at work jealous. We still have quite a few berries left, now what?? Hmmmm.... any suggestions?

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP