Monday, September 15, 2008

weekly art group

One of the things I've been wanting to do for awhile is a regular preschool/homeschool group with some other kids E's age. I came across this blog, where she lays our how to start your own weekly art group. Yay! Just what I was looking for. Chubbas is so totally into art these days, so what a great way to fuel the fire and make some fun little buddies for E to play with.

We had our first day last Friday. There were 4 families and 7 kids aged 10 months to 5 years old. It was so much fun! We did painting with 3 colors, using acrylics and sponge brushes. Some of the kids painted for quite awhile, at least one never even gave it a go, and the rest popped in and out to make their own little masterpieces throughout the morning. I have to say I love kids making art. It just makes my heart smile! I love the freedom they have to just explore. They don't care what their painting looks like, they just enjoy the process. And I know I'm nuts, but I also love the mess and the craziness!

And a playgroup at our house would not be complete without a big ol' hysterical laughing session! The kids were so funny and cute cracking each other up. I do love hearing the sound of lots and lots of laughter coming from my own living room.



I'm really looking forward to seeing how our little group evolves over time.

2 comments:

Stacy (mama-om) September 16, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

That looks like a lot of fun! Good for you for creating that group (and hosting it!)

I love how kids really don't care how the painting looks -- my son does the same thing and will keep piling on the paint as long as the story he has in head keeps inspiring him!

Stacy (mama-om) September 16, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

P.S. Thanks for the link!! :)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP