Monday, June 29, 2009

family ortiz

This past weekend, we were in Pueblo, at a family reunion. Don has a HUGE family and this was my first reunion. Not as big as some in the past, but really fun to see and meet people.

I am still putting the puzzle pieces together, but I think I figured out that Don's grandpa has 19 brothers and sisters! WOW! From 3 different mothers (that is an interesting story that I am still sorting the details out about). I was looking through the family tree book and it seemed to be something like 50 pages long, and that is only the past few generations. Pretty cool to see some old photos and experience so much history in one family.

Here are some snap shots from our weekend...

Anabel is REALLY well loved by her cousins! I fear for anyone that does her wrong. Between her brother and her cousins that sorry sucker will be in big trouble.

My cutie girl...


Most of Don's aunts and uncles, with his mom, grandpa and grandma...


Classic.


Cousins...


My sweet nephew...


Me and Don...


Dancing and running around...


Boys..


Here is Don's Grandpa (2nd from the right) with some of his siblings...


Dancing with Daddy...


Our nephew again (he shares a birthday with Anabel!)


Brothers...


Walking with Daddy...


Enjoying the sunshine...


Our other nephew (handsome boy!)


Getting some love from her cousin...


Love this picture!


No family picnic is complete without some watermelon..


Don and his Grandpa...


A rare family photo with ALL of us!


It was a really great, surprisingly relaxing weekend!

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP