Wednesday, July 1, 2009

our beach

We have a little lake here in town that has a section blocked off for swimming. It is the closest thing we are going to get to a beach here in Colorado, so I like to make sure we go play there a couple of times each summer.


It was sooo nice. Seriously, I'm thinking we should go there most everyday when it is hot outside.


I was super nervous to take both kiddos by myself. Wasn't sure how they would be and if I would feel safe with them. But it was SO EASY!


Enrique had a blast, was super cautious, but not afraid to get in the water by himself to play. I think it felt safer for him because the water gradually gets deeper, unlike the swimming pool, where he clings to us for dear life.


Anabel, who I thought would just go running in totally careless, stuck close to me and loved playing in the water!


There is something about kids, water, sunshine and sand, isn't there?

3 comments:

Anonymous July 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Where is this place?? I would love to go! I didn't know there were any lakes here. I know there is one about half an hour past Manitou, in the mountains, but I didn't know about any that were closer.

Lisa July 1, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

It's Prospect Lake at Memorial Park, over off of Hancock and Palmer Park. Cost us about $6 to get in..

Unknown July 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

We'll check it out next time I get Damian to leave the house. He's always asking me to have a plan in mind before going somewhere, and I get tired of suggesting Seven Falls and Manitou. A lake will be a great change of pace.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP