Wednesday, July 1, 2009

our beach

We have a little lake here in town that has a section blocked off for swimming. It is the closest thing we are going to get to a beach here in Colorado, so I like to make sure we go play there a couple of times each summer.

It was sooo nice. Seriously, I'm thinking we should go there most everyday when it is hot outside.

I was super nervous to take both kiddos by myself. Wasn't sure how they would be and if I would feel safe with them. But it was SO EASY!

Enrique had a blast, was super cautious, but not afraid to get in the water by himself to play. I think it felt safer for him because the water gradually gets deeper, unlike the swimming pool, where he clings to us for dear life.

Anabel, who I thought would just go running in totally careless, stuck close to me and loved playing in the water!

There is something about kids, water, sunshine and sand, isn't there?


Kaleanani July 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Where is this place?? I would love to go! I didn't know there were any lakes here. I know there is one about half an hour past Manitou, in the mountains, but I didn't know about any that were closer.

Lisa July 1, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

It's Prospect Lake at Memorial Park, over off of Hancock and Palmer Park. Cost us about $6 to get in..

Riella July 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

We'll check it out next time I get Damian to leave the house. He's always asking me to have a plan in mind before going somewhere, and I get tired of suggesting Seven Falls and Manitou. A lake will be a great change of pace.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by 2008

Back to TOP