Saturday, January 3, 2009

presents from E's art

I wanted to do something fun with the awesome little drawings that E has been doing. I saw this idea in The Creative Family book.. (by far my favorite book for great craft ideas).

What I did was take a few of E's drawings and put them in the window. I taped the fabric on top and traced the drawing with a pencil. I then embroidered the drawing with whatever color Chubbas picked to use.

For my mom and my aunt, I made some pillows...

This one was for Grandma and is a "picture of me and grandma!"

Don's mom wanted a couple of shopping bags, so I thought I would use one of the pictures on the bag pocket.

So cute!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea for preserving kid's art and making a special gift that can be treasured for a long time.

2 comments:

Kristi January 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Very very cute idea Lisa! I'll have to try that!

Mary January 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Love the idea. I might have to try it sometime.

Have you been to the author's blog, SouleMama? It's pretty cool. Although, maybe I found her site through you?? http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2008/10/quilt-ish.html

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP