Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I guess we are

Homeschooling that is. I was at the library picking up a HUGE stack of books, among them some homeschool books and a bunch of books for E. The library dude asked me if I was a teacher. I said no, then he says, "Oh, you are homeschooling! That's really great!" I was all, "um, yeah... we are." Kind of shy and bashful. You see, I am a planner, big time. I want to make sure I have everything all layed out and I have done all my research and whatnot. I want to make sure I am going to win, to really succeed, before I "admit" what I am doing and planning. I don't want anyone thinking I am full of it or don't know what the heck I am doing.

So, I keep saying we are GOING to homeschool, or we WILL be homeschooling. I never say we ARE. But really, we are. I just DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!! I admit it fully. I have no real plan, no clear path. I am just doing what feels right, which changes every week. And I am really not sure of myself or if what I am planning out is the right thing. But, I do know this. Our little guy is learning all kinds of stuff and becoming such a big boy! He is so smart and funny and HE is not afraid to totally go for it without a plan. So, I guess it's official! We are a homeschooling family!

And those books I picked up? They were all about frogs, E's new love. Here is the newest addition to our (homeschooling) family: CRITTER!

Chubbas is totally into him, makes sure we feed him everyday and loves to watch him swim around in the water. And he named him all by himself, makes a mama proud!

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP