For those of you who don't know this about me, I am a crazy researcher. When I get interested in something, I go read LOTS about it. I always have like 10 books going and I love my internet.
One of my favorite topics these days is homeschooling. Really trying to figure out the ins and out and deciding on our style and what we want to accomplish with our kiddos. Well, I think there is such a thing as too much research!! Haahaa! I get so bogged down with all these great IDEAS and spend very little to time actually DOING anything. I am an idea junky.
Well, I was recently on a chat with some great homeschooling mamas and a very wise mom, said take it slow, start simple. Find your rhythm first. We don't really NEED to be doing much with E right now other than playing, being creative, having fun, exploring, so I am going to go to work getting us in a good rhythm.
What do I want our days to look like?? What is the mood, the environment I want to create for my babes to learn in? Well, I want our days to be full of inspiration, creativity, curiosity, silliness and love. AND, I want to be able to keep the house clean, work on my own creative endeavors, and keep in touch with all my mommy friends around the world. So, this is what I've come up with as our "ideal" daily rhythm.
- Me wake up and meditate/do yoga before the kids wake up. [this one will take some doing, but I think is really important for both me and them that I make this time for myself].
- Take a shower, me get ready and pretty for the day. Make a pot of tea or coffee (essential).
- Kids wake up, change diaper, go potty, wash up, get dressed.
- Make healthy breakfast and eat together at the table.
- Me clean up from breakfast while the kids play.
- Have a little circle/story time. This is a time for us to come together and set the tone for the day.
- Go for a walk, even in the snow and the rain.
- Snack time.
- Free play, mom work on projects like cleaning, sewing, etc.
- Make a healthy lunch and eat together at the table.
- Clean up from lunch.
- Art/craft/music projects.
- Run around outside and get the wiggles out.
- Nap/rest/quiet time. I work on computer, read, me time.
- Free play outside while I get dinner ready.
- Dad comes home and plays with the kiddos while I finish up dinner.
- Sit down and have a nice meal together as a family.
- Clean up dinner dishes while Dad plays with the kids.
- If the weather is nice, go on a family walk.
- Baths and ready for bed.
- Kids asleep.
- Time with Don doing whatever, projects watching a movie, etc.
- Get ready for bed and turn in at a decent hour.
- [Right now A nurses and naps whenever and that is just fine with me. We will fit in her being taken care of and as she gets older we will adjust things to meet her needs]