Tuesday, October 14, 2008

letter to my daughter


To my sweet baby girl..

Today you turn one years old. One! I can't really believe that you are one already. Seems like just yesterday you were born. This year has gone by so fast! Too fast. I decided to write a letter to you, for you to read years from now, telling you about your one year self.

How would I describe you right now?

People always comment that you are so quiet, so mellow, so good. It is true, you seem like such a happy and sweet little baby. Totally content riding on mama's back or playing on the floor. If I had one word to describe you, I think I would pick content.

You also have a serious streak. You will sit and watch, looking so pensive, meditating on the world going on around you. You seem to always be observing and taking notes about life and all of us that make up your little world.

You can also be quite determined. When E tries to take something from you, you will hang on and not let go and you let us all know you do not like what is happening. You can get so mad! You are also pretty tough! Your big bro knocks you about from time to time and you seem hardly phased at all. Sometime this rough play even makes you laugh.

And laugh you do! You have a big, huge, full belly laugh just like your mom and dad. You make us all giggle when you are cracking up (usually at your brother). I love to listen to the two of you in the back seat while we are driving around.. just laughing like loopy crazy people! You have a big huge grin just like your daddy.

You are not walking yet, but are cruising around and pulling yourself up on everything. I'm okay if you never learn to walk and just stay my tiny little baby forever! But, you are growing up. Before you know it, you will be chasing boys and wanting nothing to do with your dad and me. But, for now, you are still my little baby girl.

I love you so much, more than I can ever really express in words. You are my little girl, my princess, my boop. My heart is so full and so happy having you as my daughter. My daughter. I love that word! I have a daughter! A beautiful, sweet, serious, funny little girl. Happy Birthday little one!!! xoxo Mommy

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP