Friday, October 10, 2008

little artist

We aren't doing art group for a couple of weeks, so I thought I would do a little show and tell of what E has been up to in the art department over the past few weeks. I just cannot get over how beautiful his paintings are, so full of color.





He used to just paint and color or whatever, very whimsical about it, not seeming to care what he was doing. But recently, he has started to take his art very seriously. He will sit for awhile and really concentrate and spend long periods of time working on one thing. And he gets frustrated if he can't draw or paint whatever it is he is wanting to create.

I think all of this is so wonderful! Him declaring he is artist, so proud of himself. Making art and showing it off. Loving the process and wanting to spend hours making things. I really hope that art is forever a huge part of his life, that it feeds his soul and nourishes his spirit, that it doesn't torment him too much, and that he keeps that creative channel wide open!

There are many things I hope for my children, being tapped into the creative spirit is way up there at the top of my list. Watching this boy make art and love doing it, makes everything feel right in the world.


And now the bad news: I am such a klutz and dropped my (new) camera and broke it!! Argh!! I took it in to get fixed and they said it will take a few weeks, so my blogging may be a bit lacking until I get it back. Suckiest part of it, though, is A's bday is this next week and I won't get to take pictures!!! I guess I can go and get a disposable, but it just isn't the same, ya know? My apologies in advance if I'm not around here too much. Maybe this is a good opportunity for me to work on my writing, painting pictures with my words...


2 comments:

Stephanie October 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I dropped my brand new one (5 weeks old) in the water several weeks ago!!
>:0
Will know in a week if the mother board works after they cleaned the corrosion off....

YOu have my sympathy.
Stephanie

Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

that's some excellent art making :^)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP