Monday, December 8, 2008

what working should be like

So E asked me yesterday,

"Mama, what are you doing?"
"I'm working on something."
"And what is Daddy doing?"
"He's working in his shop."
"My family likes to work!"
"Yeah, I guess we do, so long as we like what we are doing!"
"Hmm, well, I like to work also!"


Yes, we have been busy little elves! I am spending a good chunk of my days in front of my sewing machine..

With a couple of little helpers, of course!
See her with the paint brush already? That's my girl!

And Daddy has been busy making all kinds of woody goodness!

Which, by the way is a super cool thing to share about!

For about a year, we have been talking about how fun it would be to make and sell handcrafted wooden toys. Don LOVES food and cooking, but his real passion these days is playing with wood. So, I asked a bunch of my mom's group friends if they wanted some handmade Christmas toys made for their little ones. And quite a few people said yes! So, a new business is born!!

Don is so so so happy spending his days covered in sawdust and money is not quite as tight as it was looking 2 weeks ago. Yay!

Not sure what the future looks like still (do we ever really know anyway?), but life is good and we are feeling very blessed!

I can't wait to show off what he is working on! Really awesome stuff!

2 comments:

Mary December 8, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

So, what kinds of stuff can your hubby make? We already got Tristan's Christmas gift (a wooden train set and table), but you never know if we need anything else. Perhaps a stool or little chair to go with his table? I'll have to get the under the table measurements once we get it set up, but that won't be until after Christmas.

BTW- thanks for the encouragement! I went to Joann's today and went nuts on fabric. I'm starting on something a bit simpler to start with. I'm making a drawstring backpack for my friend upstairs. We got free ones at a benefit walk earlier in the year and hers is starting to tear. Besides it was a solid purple with the names of drugs for MS patients on it. I got an oriental pattern because she's nuts for all things Japanese! I'll post it when I'm finish (assuming it is a success).

As for the dipes, I ordered a two week trial package from Denver Diaper Co (WAHM in Denver) where I can try out different types (AIO, pockets, and prefolds) at just the cost of shipping. If I have any questions, I'll email ya.

Sorry for the long comment :P
Mary

denise December 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

That sounds great! :)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP