Friday, May 8, 2009

art group :: handmade playdough

I don't know why I have never done homemade playdough with Chubbas. Just one of those things I've never done.

My sister was telling me how easy it was to make, so I thought that this would be a fun thing to do for art group.

I found this recipe all over the internet and it worked really well:

1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup salt

Mix everything together in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until a ball forms. Then use your hands to mix in some food coloring when it has cooled enough to touch. Store in an airtight container or plastic baggie.

I actually ran out of the cream of tartar, so ended up using half of what the recipe calls for. It turned out just fine.



It was really fun to watch my kiddos "discover" playdough. Yeah, I know it only took 4 years for Chubbas, but hey, better late than never. Boop tried eating it, of course.



And the kids started playing make believe with their creations soon enough! I love that.



Playdough has been a favorite for Chubbas all week. One day, he made a TON of hearts!



A serious heart factory there..



But man, he was so quiet for a really long time.. I heart playdough!

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP