Thursday, May 21, 2009

craft hope

If you pay attention to what goes on around here, it won't surprise you when I say that I have been in a craft slump. Just.Not.Motivated to make stuff. I try, but then feel blah and walk out of my craft room feeling defeated. Well, not anymore!

I came across this AMAZING project, called Craft Hope. And it has truly inspired me, on an incredibly deep level. After reading about it, I found myself rising out of my chair and walking directly into my craft room and getting started.

On what? Making a little baby doll for a child in Nicaragua. While I was working on it, Anabel kept wanting to take it from me. Mind you it is only an unfinished head at this point. But she just loves to cuddle with her babies. So I gave it to her. And promptly started a second doll for her to keep.

This way I can work on the doll to send to the orphanage while she plays with the other one. Then "trade" her and work on the second doll for a bit.

I think it is kind of cool, and super sweet to be able to tell her that there is another baby in Nicaragua just like the one she has! That is something special.

The deadline to send the doll is fast approaching, so I'm hoping to get the dolls done in the next week and will for sure post pictures then.

In the meantime, go check out Craft Hope:

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

Even if you are not a doll maker, I'm sure there are other projects down the road that will inspire you to get your craft on AND make a difference at the same time!

0 comments:

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP