Thursday, June 11, 2009

nature color hunt

Yesterday we went on a little nature scavenger hunt with our homeschool group.

I painted the insides of some egg cartons with colors I've been seeing on our nature walks: white, purple, orange, yellow, brown and green.


It was threatening to rain, so we didn't have as many kiddos from the group as we expected, but we still had fun wandering around and hunting colors.



But, then our clever little nature game deteriorated when the boys just wanted to be boys!



My friend's sweet daughter picked a huge bouquet of flowers and then gave them to ME! So sweet.


Once we got home, Enrique was a little more into his treasures. We had fun talking about them all.


This is about as structured as we get on the homeschool front these days. I am really liking just being, spending time in nature, keeping it simple. There is PLENTY of time to get a little more serious about our homeschooling. But, for now, we are enjoying doing it like this.

4 comments:

Anonymous June 12, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

I've said this before and I'll say it again, "You inspire me." What's the name of the back carry? It looks so comfy, and I'd like to try it because I'm not finding the BWCC that I've been using to be as comfortable as I'd like.

Lisa June 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

I have NO idea that back carry! That is my friend Angela... But it looks like just a basic one.. I'm really helpful, aren't I?? :)

Liebe Lebenskunst June 12, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

What a neat idea!! I will have to copy that from you for one of our upcoming nature walks :o)

Michellerobin1979 July 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Love it! Thanks for yet another idea. I cant wait to go hiking again and now we can have a treasure hunt along the way. Too cool!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP