Tuesday, June 2, 2009

weekly art group :: paint bombs!



Oh, yeah, nothing quite like paint flying everywhere to celebrate kid creativity!

We had a small window of nice weather yesterday, so we took our art day outside for some good old fashioned messy fun!

I took some old pantyhose and we filled them with rocks to give them a little weight. It is really better to do this with sand, but we don't have any of that.. just muddy dirt, which I didn't want mixing with and making the paint all yucky. So I used some smallish rocks.


You then need to water down the paint a little to help give it more "splash."

Our yard has 2 levels so I put the paper out down below and let the kids drop the paint bombs from up above.


After getting the bomb really loaded up with paint.. 3..2...1.. BOMB!


Paint everywhere!



And I really do mean everywhere...

It is all over everything.. Next time we do this, I need to remember to cover things up a little better.

Enrique took one of the paint trays and poured it all over the yard..

we now have red footprints as yard art!


And all of us were covered with paint splatter!

A sign of good times happening!

The rain kicked in, but we didn't want the paint to go to waste, so the kids painted our outdoor craft table in the rain.. which led to more paint splashing!!


This was the most fun at art day I think we have ever had!

3 comments:

Samantha June 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

This looks so fun. I love it when kids are free to play outside, get dirty, and be creative.

Unknown June 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

I love this! I am already thinking of a good time for us to give this a try! Thanks for posting.

Lisa June 4, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Just be warned!! It really will make a mess everywhere and something about inspires the kids to splash in the paint more than usual!! It was SO FUN though...

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP