Friday, June 5, 2009

leaf printing

On a sunny day this past week, we decided to make some leaves for our little nature table tree. Poor thing has been sitting naked all spring, even though the trees outside are full of leaves! Well, you can't stay on top of everything, right?

To do this, we picked a few leaves from our yard.


I mixed up the paint on some plates and let the kids dip their leaves into the paint.


We then pressed the leaves onto the paper, leaving a print of the leaf behind.

I think they look pretty great!

We got better results from putting the leaves on the paper, then laying another piece of paper onto it and using something to roll over the top, like the paint bottles.

After they dried and we cut them out, I hung them on our tree. It didn't come out as pretty or as fabulous as I had hoped. (I had great visions for this project!). You win some, you loose some I guess!


They have all been pulled off the tree in the meantime anyway! 4 year olds..they just want to PLAY with everything.. jeesh! :) But the printing was fun. I am loving seeing Anabel get really into our little projects these days!

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears June 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

What an awesome idea! I bet your kids absolutely loved that. My own mother was always great at implementing craft days and I have such fond memories of that.

Anonymous June 7, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

I love your new banner of the kids brushing their teeth. :) (Please excuse me if the "new" banner isn't really all that new - I tend to be oblivious about these things!)

Lisa June 7, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

@Keleanani -Yeah, I LOVE that picture of them!!! And, yes it is new, a week old or so! :)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP