Wednesday, July 15, 2009

art group :: nature pressing

I could have the art group just paint stuff every week! I think paint is the funnest. But, it is good to branch out a bit, doncha think?

So this week, I grabbed a bag of sculpy stuff (what is that stuff called?) and then Enrique and I collected some flowers, leaves, and sticks from the yard.


We used our treasures to make press marks in the clay.


We had to use a wooden block to press them down, but it worked great!



The kids were pretty captivated trying different things until the rain threatened to run everyone inside.



Enrique got totally into making sculpy people. For the rest of the afternoon and into the night he was at it. Concentrating very hard.

3 comments:

MaryAnne July 18, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

Great idea, and looks like the kids had fun (until the rain arrived)!

The Magic Onions July 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Such a lovely post... perfect for my 'Fridays Nature Table' today... I'd be honored it you'd pop over and post it.
Blessings and magic.

The Magic Onions July 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Such a lovely post... perfect for my 'Fridays Nature Table' today... I'd be honored it you'd pop over and post it.
Blessings and magic.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP