Friday, July 10, 2009

our family's mission statement

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Simple Mom blog. I could spend tons of time cruising around her awesome website (and have).

This week she is starting a Back to the Basics series that looks to be really fun. The first assignment was to create a family mission statement. I used to do things like that when I was a workin' girl and always really loved making them. They can be really empowering! So, naturally, I printed off her questions and sat down a few times this week with Don to create a mission statement that inspires US.

Here it is:

We believe that our purpose as a family is to love, celebrate and nourish the creative spirit. We will accomplish this by:

• living simply, loving unconditionally and exploring
• making our home a place of creativity, laughter, and love
• valuing the creative process above all else, and
• being in harmony with Spirit, each other, and mother nature.


Pretty cool, huh? This was such a great exercise to do. I think both Don and I got alot out of it. It helped us to really look at our family and where we are at right now and where we want to be in the future. It gave us a "why" for doing all the things we do. Go check out her blog to read more about it.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 15, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

I'm a huge fan of Simple Mom too, so I know how she inspires. I love your list. Now I just have to get my butt in gear and start one of our own. Thanks again for sharing.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP