Monday, August 31, 2009

taking time for slowing down

Today is an interesting day. There is nothing I HAVE to get done. Nowhere I have to be. After the last few weeks, which have been so very, very full, it is really nice. I am finding I have a lot more time to stop and think. To ponder, to notice and pay attention.

I have been going too fast. It is time to slow down. Which takes some intention. I am really good at running around doing a ton of stuff, checking off my mile long to do list. But, it isn't very good for me. When I go.go.go life goes too fast and I am so caught up in the doing that I am not noticing and celebrating the little things around me that make me happy.

Which makes me exhausted.

I think, as human beings, we really NEED to stop and take it all in. Appreciate and marvel at what is happening around us. I know I need to.


So, here I am today, trying to not do too much. To just enjoy and be glad for where I am right now.

2 comments:

jenica August 31, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

oh yum.
yes, this is a very good thing!

laura @ peacoat September 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

it really does wear on you working through the TO-DO list all the day. i'm feeling the effects of it on my body and my spirit.

so, i am working on this, too...next week. :)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP