Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ten thousand feet

I have a list in my head of places I want to make sure to see and explore in Colorado while we are living here. I have a picture that looks a little like this one hanging on my inspiration board in my craft room.

This is Crested Butte, which has been high on my list of places to see. So, when we were planning a camping trip with some of our favorite friends, Crested Butte is where we decided to go.
I love, love, love this little town. If I had a million bucks to spend on a house, I would totally buy a house there. It is so beautiful! I mean, really, amazing, wow beautiful.


We found the perfect little camping spot right on Lake Irwin, at ten thousand feet.
Kids are crazy, they don't seem to care at all that the water is FREEZING! I remember not caring either when my dad would take us to the ocean in Washington State.. brrrrr! But we didn't care.
Of course, the boys did a little fishing! I love seeing papas proud and protective of their young...

It was really awesome to get to just hang out and chill for a couple of days with people that we love and care about. No place to go, nothing to get done, no to do list calling my name.
And just look at that! Spectacular...
That's it for our camping adventures this summer. Fall is for sure in the air and before we know it, we will have snow on the ground. So crazy how fast life if moving right now!

I just started a part time job, so the focus for me - still - is on slowing down, not taking on too much, getting us in a a good, slow, fall rhythm. I am finding this to be challenging right now. I am on GO MODE, high gear. I feel a little stuck there. So, breathing, stopping and paying attention are my goals these days... ( sorry if I sound like a broken record about this, I have to keep reminding myself.. go slow is becoming my little mantra to live by..)

1 comments:

laura @ peacoat September 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

i love crested butte, too! my family has been going there off and on since i was a kid, so i have a special place for it in my heart.

i've never been there when it was warm, though. looks amazing!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP