Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Chubbas!

Yesterday my son turned 4. How did this happen? Seems like just yesterday he was born and now he is such a boy.

The past few days have been annoying in the computer world for us, I had to totally reload everything and wipe out what was on our computer. I knew I was going to have to do this, so I went to work saving all my information.

Well, while I was doing so, I came across a whole bunch of pictures I thought were lost from my last computer crash. (yeah, I know I should back these things up!)

Anyway, I found a whole bunch of baby pictures of E when he was first born!! Looking through them on the eve of his birth-day totally made me start sobbing! My little tiny baby! So small he used to be!

So, in celebration of my son turning 4, here are some pictures of when he was first born:


With my Granny...

And with his "best friend in the whole wide world," Sockey. This giraffe is seriously with him all the time in present day 4 year old world. They play together all the time, he sleeps with Sockey, and Sockey often joins us at the dinner table.

So, my son, what can I tell you about who you are today?

You are curious, artistic, imaginative, funny, exuberant, rowdy, bossy, helpful, loving. You are a little engineer. You love to build contraptions, that is what you call your inventions. One of these days I will get my camera on time to show the world one of your little creations.

You are totally into me these days, you have to have me around helping you with everything. It gets a little annoying, you hanging all over me, but then I think about how some day you will not need me, you will not want me. So I try to savor this time when you must be all over me. And, I do really love all the snuggles and cuddles I've been getting these days.

You are so becoming your own little person. You have your own thoughts, your own needs, your own wants. And you let us know what those are. Sometimes you REALLY let us know!

You totally love your sister and I hear you teaching her things and telling her about life and how things are done. And she trusts these little talks to help her grow and learn. She loves you tons right back.

Your imagination is huge and vast! The worlds you create are captivating and enchanting. And often hilarious!

I am loving having you as my son. It is fun being your mom! I very much look forward to this next year and seeing what you discover. I love you, my not so little man! xxoxoxx Mama

3 comments:

Mary January 5, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

How cute. Kids grow up too fast sometimes. Tristan is barely 3 and it feels like the last three years have been a blur. I'm doing all I can to cherish them now.

Stephanie January 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

So sweet! That picture with your Granny is gorgeous!

Liebe Lebenskunst January 6, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Happy belated b-day Enrique!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP