Tuesday, January 27, 2009

more dreaming

Ok, so part of the drive for doing the website that I shared about yesterday is to free up our time and create the financial resources to pursue other things we are passionate about..

Something that I have had in the back of my mind for a long time is to get really good at photography. I LOVE taking pictures. Love it, love it, love it!! But I don't know much about all the "real" photography stuff like aperture, depth of field, etc.

So, one of my goals this year is to practice.. Practice using all the features on my camera and teach myself how to be a "real" photographer. You know one that can take an amazing shot without using the auto function...

I have yet to dive into my users manual, but one of things I am hoping to do is to participate in more photography type things.. blogs, contests, clubs, etc..

Last week, I came across this totally awesome project, where you can enter a photo every week and have it be viewed and judged by a pro... And you can check out all the other cool entries for inspiration and ideas.

It is called "i heart faces" and focuses on taking pictures of people, which I love most of all..



Every week they have a theme and this week the theme is JOY.. so, last night while laying in bed, I was thinking about this and thought about this photo that I took last year while we were camping...



Total blissed out joy!!!

And it's official, today I entered my first photo contest!! Look at me go...

11 comments:

Mary January 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Yay! Welcome to the bandwagon. :) Love the picture. I still have to submit this weeks photo, too. Ugh, so little time. I'm just like you wanting to learn more and more about photography. I love taking pictures, too.

angie {the arthur clan} January 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Oh my goodness ~ that photo is just too much fun in one place! :)

I'm so glad you found us and decided to join in on the fun this week...it's been so inspiring to see all of these beautiful photos.

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

4chalseys@blogger January 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

I love that! What a sweet picture of real true JOY!

Kristin January 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

You can almost hear the laughter from this photo. Love it!

Nicole Marie January 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Oh I love her laughing...JOY!

Melinda January 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

What a precious and fun moment you captured!

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses January 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Super cute! I can almost hear her giggles.

Hugs & Blessings!

Unknown January 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

I love the joy your babies have : ) Great picture. I am glad you are participating. It is really fun! God bless you this week!

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera January 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Love this picture! :) You can totally see the JOY in it! :)

mosaica January 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

What an awesome picture Lisa!! And can I just say that you are absolutely, without a doubt one of the most amazing women I know. You're fearless and inspiring and I just thought you should know. :)

Michellerobin1979 January 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

What can I even say about this picture that it doesnt already say! You better win with that picture.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP