Thursday, January 29, 2009

my go to baby shower gift

I love making these little shoes!! They are the first little crafty project I ever did with my sewing machine just over a year ago. I had really wanted some for my daughter, but we had no money so I decided to get my sewing machine out and make some myself.

My mom had bought me my sewing machine a couple of years earlier, but I was kind of intimidated to get started. I really did not know how to sew, completed maybe 2 very easy projects when I was a kid (which really means my aunt "helped" me aka did it for me!). But as a mom, I just really wanted to be able to make things for my kiddos. So I asked for a sewing machine and it collected dust for a couple of years.

Something about being pregnant with a little girl gave me the nudge I needed to just TRY. So I did and a pair of these little shoes were what I made.

Now, when someone I know is having a baby, I find that this is the thing I want to make and give them for the little babe. They are just so dang cute!

And, the little baby boy who will be wearing these after he is born, gets to be super matchy cute! Cuz, super cuteness should not be a girls only exclusive, don't ya think?

For my friend's little bugger (Oliver, LOVE this name!) I decided to applique a baby elephant to a onesie in the same fabric I made the shoes with.


This is a super easy, totally personal gift that I know I will make time and time again.

7 comments:

Mary January 30, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

What a cool idea with the elephant! I don't know how to do that, though. By the way, what material do you use for the sole of the shoe (both inside and out)?

Unschoolers Rock the Campground January 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

love it!

Michellerobin1979 January 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

You are super talented! Makes me wanna bust out my sewing machine...dont know what I would make, but it makes me wanna.

PS. I think you are already a great photographer!

Stephanie January 31, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

Those are so deliciously adorably cute.

Stephanie January 31, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie January 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Hi, Lisa.
I've featured these today on Growing Naturally.
Stephanie

Lisa January 31, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Thanks Stephanie!! That is so cool!! :)

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP