Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my new addiction



Ok, I don't usually get into product reviews and endorsements, but MAN! I just had to make sure you all know about this awesome, super duper yummy ice cream!

Don and I have decided to officially evict sugar out of our household. Which is so great and I am amazed that he is totally on board and we are loving being sugar free. The only problem is I absolutely love LOVE ice cream! We have an ice cream maker and have made our own, but when you want in NOW.. well, then there is a problem.

We have made some pretty easy and simple sorbets by blending up frozen fruit in the food processor.. that will often do in a pinch. But, sometimes you just need some ooy-gooy creaminess...

That happened to me yesterday.. I wanted chocolate, creamy ice cream. So I went down to the natural food store to look around and see if they had anything chocolaty without sugar in it.

That is when I found Coconut Bliss. It has no sugar in it at all! They use agave nectar to sweeten it and the coconut milk helps to make it sweet also. It is vegan, gluten free and low glycemic. YAY!

And it is SOOOOO good. I mean really, really good. Way better than regular ice cream! I am so in love. This could be a problem!

But, I am happy to have found a healthier alternative to my one true addiction!

And, I think you should run on down to Whole Foods or your local natural food store and get you some!

11 comments:

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

I, too, just discovered this at VCottage last week (it's not at WF). I've been on the elim diet for 5 months for Indie's allergies and have foregone ice cream, my favoritest food, until now....! It's pricey but totally worth it. The mint choc chip is fantastic. :)

Bekah

Lisa Zahn March 26, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Now I want some!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. You have a nice blog; I will take some time to peruse it when I can!

Lisa

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

This sounds so yummy - I love all things coconut milk!

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Oh my! That sounds really good. I have some agave syrup here, I never thought to use it to try to make icecream. I wonder whether it's available in the UK...

RunninL8 March 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

I'm, an ice-cream connoisseur so I'll have to hunt this stuff down! We make our own as well. No matter what I may try to cut out of our diets there just HAS to be room for ice cream!!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

RunninL8 March 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

And you're toymakers, too! YAY for wood!http://mountainpulse.blogspot.com/2008/12/save-toys.html

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Let me correct that---the WF on Powers doesn't carry it; you must have gone to the north store..?

Bekah

Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

hi! oh, yes, i LOVE coconut bliss. that kiss up there, that is beautiful. what a great model for your kids, these businesses. inspiring.

Lisa March 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

I went to vitamin cottage...not sure if the north wf's has it..??

Cindi March 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Ooooo, I've been looking for this stuff! (Haven't seen it at the north WF). Someone else recommended it to me, too, as we're also trying to reduce sugar. Yea!

Molly April 2, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Wow, thanks for the tip - I'll have to check it out!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP