Monday, April 6, 2009

art group: starting over with intention

We have started our weekly art group again!



This is such a big deal. It seems to me that our weekly rhythm has just completely blown out the window and we have been just flitting about from one random project to another. Which has made me feel kind of frantic and all over the place. Not a good thing!

And the other thing about us running around without any real INTENTION is that we are not working on expanding our creativity. Sure, we have creative stuff going on around here, but it is more the frenzied, random kind of creativity. What I like is slow, intentional, purposeful creativity.

Conscious. Flowing. Centering.

Does that make sense? I hope so. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this Mama has taken a moment to stop and smell the roses. And in doing so, I have realized how all over the place I have been and how much I needed to ..s..l..o..w.. down. WAY down.

One of the things I do to help me slow down is to have a good weekly rhythm for my time with my kids and creating the space of our home. Cuz all that crazy energy also means my home feels chaotic and messy and "off." Which makes me feel more all over the place. It's a vicious cycle really. I feel frantic, house gets messy, I feel more nutty, etc.

Anyway, having good, solid anchor points during the week really helps me to "remember" what my intention is. Who I want to be as a parent, the environment I am creating for my kids, and how I am nurturing my creativity.

So, today we started art group again.

With a few familiar faces and a few new ones. It was nice to get everything set up and welcome a group of kiddos into my home.



And E was ecstatic! His art lately has also been kind of crazy and all over the place. But today, what he created was more deliberate, more thoughtful.



He said this was a chicken machine. It makes chickens. He was very serious about that.

And we had an adorable baby girl that wanted to participate. A new little artist in our midst. Makes me so happy!



Kids making art is so magical, so peaceful, so magnificent!

Now, I feel centered.

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP