Wednesday, April 15, 2009

art group : wet on wet water color painting

For art group this week, I thought we would try doing some wet on wet water color painting. Something I've seen, but have never tried.



First you soak some pretty thick watercolor paper for at least 15 minutes.



Then you wipe it a little, so it's not dripping, but still really wet.



Then the kiddos got to paint on it.



WOW! It is awesome to paint with water colors this way!! SO pretty and dream like. We used artist water colors that come in a tube. I don't think this would work too well with the cheapo ones you get for kids, but it might.



I even got into a little and made my own picture.


Really, really fun!

Please do not use any images or content without permission. You can contact me at happydelz [at] comcast [dot] net. Thanks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP